Great Quotes

To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
(George Washington)


Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
(Mark Twain)


All discoveries are made, and all errors corrected by those who ignore the climate of opinion.
(C.S. Lewis)


Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
(Isaac Asimov)


Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.
(Ronald Reagan)


You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.
(Rush Limbaugh)

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dream Election: Huckabee vs. Edwards

As you know, I support Mike Huckabee for President. I do so because, as I said in an earlier post, he's the only Conservative.
On the Democratic side, I also have a favorite. I use the term "favorite," only because I can't think of a better term, in reality, I scream in terror at the thought of any of these liberals becoming President. But, my relative "favorite" is John Edwards. The reason for this is simple: I want America to have a real choice, a real conservative against a real liberal. John Edwards perfectly personifies everything that the liberals stand for, in the same way that Huckabee does for the conservatives. I want an election in which the differences are clear. I don't want an election where Hillary changes her position everyday, so you can't tell where she stands. I don't want Guliani who is some sort of odd Republican-Democrat hybrid. I want America to be able to see the candidates, listen to their ideas, and be able to make a decision about which way our country should go in the future. That's what Huckabee vs. Edwards would give us: two polar opposite candidates with no middle ground. The voters could make their decision once and for all. That's what the founding fathers intended, not politicians pandering to get votes, or competing to see who can raise the most money, but real people, with real ideas, that give people a real choice.

No comments: